Alina Savin is an experienced and recognized lawyer in the Romanian legal landscape, appreciated for her special perspective on the client-lawyer partnership and for the integrative vision that transcends the framework of a specific legal action.
During more than 21 years of activity, Alina has accumulated extensive practical experience in the field of general business law, specializing in commercial and corporate law, taxation, tax optimization, administrative and tax litigation, real estate, collective layoffs, collective bargaining – in capacity of representative of the employer, legal opinions, due diligence, memoranda, negotiations or client representations before public institutions; she has been involved in a wide range of complex transactions, such as:
• legal advice within the legal department of the Ministry of Public Finance, where she represented the Romanian State in numerous lawsuits, in extremely diverse cases (from usucapion, civil claims solicited from the Romanian State, escheats and bringing civil actions in criminal proceedings, and up to administrative and tax litigation), as a litigating lawyer;
• assisting a company owned by the Romanian State, in relation to other state institutions and private suppliers in the “Biometric Passport” project;
• coordinator of the team that prepared the due diligence report on the contractual risks for the largest importer of pharmaceutical products, owner of a pharmaceutical retail chain;
• member of the legal team that handled applications of the University of Economic Sciences in the field of real estate claims;
• consultancy offered to a large producer of coffee, chocolate and similar products in matters related to commercial and corporate law, procurement, tax law;
• member of the legal team that analysed and proposed a project for restructuring and outsourcing publishing activities for a large media group, perhaps the largest on the Romanian market, on issues of intellectual property, commercial law, corporate law, tax law, administrative litigation and tax optimization;
• tax consultancy, tax optimization for resident holding companies;
• consultancy and legal assistance for specific tax inspections – individuals – inspection of wealth;
• coordinating the team in order to perform a RDD legal analysis, negotiating and executing major transactions on the local real estate market;
• assisting a resident banking financial institution in selling a portfolio of properties (secured bank receivables) of over 20 million euros;
• coordination, preparing the case file and legal analysis of a portfolio of non-performing loans with guarantees of over 50 million euros.
Alina Savin coordinates, through a multidisciplinary approach, the legal administration of extensive portfolios on the recovery of receivables, representing in this regard a local and European leader, consultant and administrator of non-performing loans, with total assets of over 5.3 billion euro.
In the field of administrative and tax litigation, she represented the clients during the tax inspections, in the preliminary non-contentious proceedings (appeal) as well as in the contentious procedure in all degrees of jurisdiction.
Alina Savin provided consultancy to clients in the real estate field for a procurement project of over 20 million euros, offered legal assistance aimed at acquiring a portfolio of non-performing loans exceeding 50 million euros.
Alina carried out, together with her team, real estate RDD, checking all movable and real estate guarantees worth over 14 million euros.
Member of the Bucharest Bar Association, part of the National Union of Romanian Bar Associations, since May 5, 2003.
Areas of practice:
• Company law
• Tax law
• Real estate development
Alina speaks fluent English.