“It’s amazing to acknowledge, at the end of the day, that you have the power to change things.”
Ioana Adam is the lawyer who combines creativity and intuition with the high academic and professional skills acquired over a 7-year experience, having extensive experience in handling civil, insolvency, commercial, administrative and tax litigation.
Also, Ioana provides legal advice for Romanian and foreign clients, participating in the preparation of due diligence reports in the field of real estate, negotiations, transactions, conclusion of commercial, civil and import-export agreements.
In the field of litigation, Ioana represents Romanian and foreign clients in litigation from several areas of expertise (civil law, commercial law, data protection, international arbitration, insolvency and bankruptcy, labour law – collective litigation, intellectual property law, environmental law, energy), being also involved in establishing and implementing procedural strategies for our clients, such as:
• recovery of receivables from non-performing bank loans, ensuring the representation of one of the most important multinational companies in Central and Eastern Europe operating in the field of debt recovery, in litigation of significant financial value and legal complexity involving forced execution, insolvency, common law;
• common law actions, collective disputes, insolvency, claims, action for the recovery of possession against private entities, and against public authorities / state companies.
With respect to the legal advice, Ioana provides legal assistance to Romanian and foreign clients, in various cases, in matters such as civil law (contractual remedies, execution of obligations, agreements, forced execution, property rights), business law, reorganization and bankruptcy, escheats, international export and reports on private international law, intellectual property, due diligence analyses, legal analyses and opinions, memoranda, negotiation and representation of clients before public and private authorities and institutions.
Member of the Bucharest Bar Association, part of the National Union of Romanian Bar Associations, since February 14, 2014.
Areas of practice:
• Civil law and civil procedure
• Private international law (import-export, customs procedures)
• Business law, commercial law, insolvency
• Administrative law
• Tax law and administrative litigation;
• Intellectual property;
• International arbitration;
Ioana speaks fluent English and German.